Peru Chanchamayo by Starbucks Coffee


I got up this morning and decided that I wanted something different for my morning brew. I went to the local Starbucks and got a venti cup of their Peru Chanchamayo.

Peru Chanchamayo is classified as a medium roast. Coffee made with these beans is very smooth and satisfying. It only has a little acidity and is a coffee that I think would be an ideal brew for serving with breakfast. It would also be great for serving by itself as an after-meal treat. On the Coffee Tasting Wheel, Peru Chanchamayo would come up in the Mild category.

It definitely has a sweetness to it that I quickly noticed. I usually drink my coffee with Splenda. When I buy a large cup, such as the venti size, I put in 2 packets of the sweetener. For bolder blends, this is perfect. I found that with this Peruvian coffee - that 2 packets are too much sweetener. If you drink sweetener in your coffee, add the first packet, taste, THEN add more if you need it. At least the cup didn't taste like syrup from over-sweetening.

The aroma of Peru Chanchamayo could be characterized as a cross between chocolate-like and syrup-like. This only makes sense since this brew is mild and sweet in flavor.

If you like a quality, mild coffee, this is definitely for you. Starbucks usually has fairly strong coffee, but Peru Chanchamayo does not come off strong at all. It is excellent stuff - I know you won't be disappointed.

May your next cup be one of the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...