Dutch Bros Coffee

Recently I did a post about the awesome mocha drinks at Dutch Bros Coffee. Today I visited them again to get an Americano and to provide you with the details of the tasting.

Most coffee places just do a drip grind of their coffee, run it through a drip coffee maker and serve it up. This is not the case with Dutch Bros. They don't make drip coffee for their customers. Instead, they brew up a 4-shot Americano for their tall drink. Then they put the coffee into a cup that has a second one on the outside to serve as an insulator (Has anyone besides me had the little insulator sleeves fall off or get stuck in their coffee cup holder in the car?).
The drink I received was piping hot. The barrista even added my Splenda to the cup for me. This is part of the good customer service I have received from this coffee company. I was asked for my coffee card (10 drinks and the next one's free), which I surrendered to get closer to that free cup - did I say that I LOVE coffee discounts and freebies?

The americano I received was flavorful with a mild acidity that really would work well in a mocha drink. I now know why the mocha I got the other day was so good. There is a definite taste of chocolate in this coffee - without any chocolate being added. The brew wasn't overly sweet as my usual 2 packets of Splenda did not make the coffee too sweet - it was just right, and could not be any better. The "3 bean blend" that is used by Dutch Bros is very similar in flavor to some of Gevalia's coffee I have tasted. It does seem to be smoother, however. If you like Gevalia's coffee, you will really enjoy a Dutch Bros Americano.

If you have a Dutch Bros store in your area, I highly recommend them. If you don't, here is a link to the Dutch Bros website.

As always, may your next cup be the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...