Peet's French Roast


The beans of this coffee look very much like dark chocolate. The beans are very nicely coverered with oil. They shine but the oil does not bead up into pools like it does on some coffees. When you open the bag, you are captured by a smell that is a sweet, burnt aroma - I would say it reminded me of incense made from flower petals. I would characterize it as sweet and smoky in layman's terms.

Every coffee has its characteristics and Peet's French Roast has a definite earthy quality that is very nice. The line on the package just below the type of coffee says it all - "Our deepest and most intense roast." The roast is definitely dark, rich and flavorful.

I drank my first cup of Peet's Coffee over a year ago. I got it at a Peet's store they had in Colorado Springs. I couldn't find the store on the Internet, so I called information - it was not listed. I guess it is safe to say the store in the Springs went out of business - there were three other coffee shops within a half mile of it - too bad - this coffee is good stuff. I got the beans I brewed up from Safeway. It appears that Safeway and King Soopers carry this coffee in the region around Colorado. I am not sure about other areas of the country. I purchased it for just under ten dollars for a 12 ounce bag of beans.

My impressions about this coffee are based upon me running it through my drip coffeemaker. This coffee is very smooth in nature and is ideal for coffee and espresso - a good all-around coffee. The mouth-feel is not as smooth as a medium roast, but it is smoother than most of the dark roasts I have tasted over the years. This is an ideal coffee to serve with breakfast. Any restaurant would do well to serve this with their meals. The result would be very happy customers.

You can't go wrong getting some of this coffee. I am certain you will be pleased with it. I hope this information has helped you and that your next cup of coffee will be as good as this one was for me.

P.S. Thanks to my Aunt Jodene for the idea on getting some of this coffee! I forgot how good this stuff was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...