Thermos Sportsman Mug

Review - Sportsman 20 Ounce Travel Mug by Thermos





This mug is nicely made - it has a plastic inner lining with a tapered plastic bottom. The center portion on the outside of the mug is made of textured stainless steel. This mug is definitely made to last.

In between the walls of the mug is foam insulation, not the usual dead air space you find in most low-cost mugs. This mug can be purchased for around $6.00, so it is a great choice for the economy-minded shopper. The fact that it is durable is definitely an asset when you are outdoors.

I found that the tapered bottom worked nicely in my cup holder in both my cars. The only time I found that it gave me any trouble was when I tried to put it into my cup holder in my folding chair I use when I go fishing. The mug was too top heavy when filled to capacity and it just kept trying to fall out. I guess you can't have everything!

I tested the mug on how well it kept my dark roast coffee warm and was pleasantly surprised. The mug kept my coffee at a drinkable temperature for 2 hours. After that, the temperature seems to fall off rather quickly. See the chart below for details.



I noticed that due to the foam insulation it holds temperature better than some of the dead air space insulated mugs I have tested. It does lose temperature more quickly in a cold breeze outside, though.

The mug lid seals with a half-turn of the lid. You can place the opening can be placed wherever you want it by placing the opening directly across from where you want it to be, then rotating it on to the cup. This allows you to have the handle in a left or right handed position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...