Kauai Coffee Company Chocolate Macadamia

Review of Kauai Coffee Company Chocolate Macadamia




I recently ran out of coffee and made a mad dash to the grocery store. I started to grab a well-known dark roast coffee, when this flavored coffee from Kauai Coffee Company caught my eye. I decided that I had to try it out.

Upon opening the package, the aroma of the macadamia and chocolate flavoring hit my nose. I have found more often than not, that when the flavoring comes out in the dry coffee that the flavoring will overpower the coffee. In this instance, my presumption was wrong.

The first taste of the unsweetened brew, which I made up in my drip machine, was earthy in flavor. The flavoring that was there was a mild chocolate and macadamia flavor - it was nice and pleasant and complemented the coffee, and did not overpower it. The mouth feel and finish on this coffee are very smooth.

The package says it is a medium roast and the flavor is just that with no noticable bitterness. Without sweetener it is a very nice drink that you could sip all day and really enjoy.

After sweetener is added the chocolate flavor is more noticeable, as is the macadamia flavoring, but it is still just enhances the coffee flavor and doesn't taste sugary or excessively sweet.

This is a single origin coffee from the island of Kauai. The company says that they process all their beans at the source location. This is an excellent quality control method as it insures that you get the freshest coffee available.

I really enjoyed this coffee and hope that you can get some too. It is a very nice flavored coffee and would be great for serving guests by itself or with some dessert.

I hope you have found this review helpful, and as always, may your next cup be your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...