McDonalds Coffee - A Coffee Lover's Opinion


Is the Coffee Served at McDonald's Good Enough for a Coffee Lover?


When most coffee lovers think of McDonald's, they think of taking their kids or grandkids to the playplace, or a menu that is traditionally tailored around their hamburgers and fries. Like all misconceptions, this is not totally correct. Most of us don't think of McDonald's as a coffee shop, but they do serve coffee, so it requires investigation.

I arrived at noon with my kids. They were exited about playing, I was exited about drinking a cup of Joe. I have had their coffee before, but it was with other food items, so I had never looked at McDonald's coffee as a serious "I am going out to get a cup of coffee," choice. So I decided to give it the Dark Roast Coffee test - does it cut the mustard (or should that be the cream and sugar)?

This coffee appears, by taste, to be a medium roast. It is has a smooth taste and a really nice mouth feel which is not very heavy or excessively strong. The coffee has an aroma that reminds me of the smell of my parent's coffee from my youth (Folgers - percolated).

McDonald's coffee is a very good match for breakfast, or any other meal for that matter. When tasting it, the taste hits the back of the tongue lightly and is very definite when it hits the middle of the tongue. The fact that it hits the back of the tongue indicates a slight bitterness which is something that a lot of us love in our coffee.

This coffee is custom-roasted for McDonald's by Gaviña. According to the information about this brew, Gaviña created this roast of coffee for McDonald's 25 years ago. Click on the links at the top or bottom of this article to get the full story or to go to the Gaviña Gourmet Coffee website.

So - is McDonald's a good place for coffee - my vote on this one is a definite YES! I really enjoyed my cup there and will do it again for sure.

As always, may your next cup be the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...