Organic Yukon Blend by Starbucks Coffee

Review of Organic Yukon Blend by Starbucks



I walked into my local Starbucks today and spotted a bag of Yukon Blend. I know it is too cold in the Yukon to grow coffee, so I thought to myself, "perhaps this is what you need to keep you warm on those cold nights in the Yukon." I just had to check this one out.

Upon further investigation, I discovered that this coffee was created as the result of a request from a sea captain. He wanted a coffee to keep his crew happy, way back in 1971. As a result, Starbucks came up with this multi-region blend that is sure to please you on cold, winter nights.

When I opened the bag and spread a few beans on a plate to photo it, the room quickly smelled of a rich, smoky dark roasted blend. I decided to do a french press of this dark roast coffee, so I ground up some coffee on the coarse setting. Note - always match the grind of your coffee to the preparation method - more on that HERE.

After steeping for 4 minutes, I poured up the french press brew. As you can see in the photo, the coffee was nice, dark and rich.

Get Some >==> Starbucks Coffee 1-lb. Organic Yukon Blend Coffee Beans, Regular Yukon Blend®


The first taste of the unsweetened Yukon Blend hit the back and the tip of my tongue with some great flavor and virtually no bitterness
. Because of the short contact time, french press coffee usually has a very slight bitterness, but this was exceptionally clean and free of the bitter I was expecting. The flavor of this coffee, though labeled extra bold, did not seem to be overpowering, and lingered only for about 3 seconds, giving it a very clean finish.

This would be a good dinner coffee, to be served with the meal. It would only enhance a good meal and never steal center stage from the main course.

Starbucks recommends pairing this with a hot bowl of Oatmeal.

I think that after adding sweetener, it would be an excellent desert on its own. If you don't like a sweetener, I recommend you drink it with a nice, rich dessert, such as German chocolate cake.




As always, may your next cup be the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...