Italian Roast by Starbucks Coffee


Starbucks Italian Roast


This dark roast coffee has a very pleasant aroma, not quite what you would expect from a offering that Starbucks says has an "Extra Bold" flavor.

I purchased this as a venti coffee of the day from my local Starbucks. The mouth-feel of the unsweetened coffee is very smooth, indeed. It has a light bitterness and could easily be served to folks who aren't coffee connoisseurs. I always try to note this kind of information because my mother was very used to her "standard blend" coffee and she would rarely drink any of my "gourmet" coffee, but this one is so pleasant to the taste buds, I think it would win her favor.

The overall flavor hits the middle of the tongue with a slight acidity, followed by a nice, deep coffee flavor that is lighter than an espresso or french roast. Italian Roast has depth that is definitely that of a dark roasted blend, but it would be an awesome all-day coffee that would be good to wake up with and it would be just as good at dinner time.

When this coffee cools down to room temperature, it does not gain any additional bitterness, so it is great for busy folks that find themselves finishing a cup after the coffee has cooled down.


=> Get Some Starbucks Ground Coffee - Italian Roast - Extra Bold <= 3 Bags (12 oz ea)


For food pairings, Starbucks recommends Tiramisu, but my personal recommendation is a Ghiradelli Chocolate Square with Caramel Filling - I loved this combination and I hope you do too!

The sweetened brew is not as dessert-like as I expected. The smokiness of the coffee comes out when lightly sweetened. This dark roast would be a great accompaniment with any sweet or by itself.

I hope this review helps you in getting the best coffee you can find. As always, may your next cup be the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...