Starbucks House Blend


Review of Starbucks House Blend Coffee



Every coffee vendor has certain characteristics that seem to follow their blends and roasts of coffee. Starbucks is no exception. They have coffee that is consistently good and rich in flavor. This is due, in part, to some very rigorous rules that they have in place about how the coffee in their stores is to be brewed, mixed and served. I have never seen Starbucks roasting process, nor have I been told how it is done, but I can state that to get the level of quality they are getting on a consistent basis, you have got to have some very strict rules in place for the roasting and selection of the coffee beans. It only makes sense. Even artists have certain rules they NEVER break to get the best results.

Starbucks House Blend is considered a medium roast coffee. The beans have a nice coating of oil on them - just enough to give them a nice sheen - and a smooth flavor.

This blend has a bit of acidity - it has a slight bite to it when you first taste it. I like to sweeten my coffee and I discovered that it is very easy to add too much sweetener to this brew. I have drank it in the form of Americano and as espresso - in both cases it is very satisfying and a pleasant drink from start to finish. There is little aftertaste, so this is a great coffee for having with a dessert as it will not cover the flavor of the dessert with an overpowering coffee taste.

I normally don't like to drink coffee when it is cold, but this stuff is so good that it is good at lower temperatures as well as its "normal" drinking temperature. The flavor has some depth, but not as much as their Espresso Roast. There is a slight sharpness in the flavor, but it only adds to the overall experience of this excellent coffee.

To sum it up, House Blend is an obvious winner in my book. Even though I do prefer dark roasts, this coffee is excellent for drinking all day long... oops, I am running out... sounds like I need to brew up some more House Blend.

Have a great day with a great cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...