Seattle's Best Blend


When you name a coffee after your company, it better be real good.

With Seattle's Best Blend, this is definitely the case. This coffee is considered a light roast, but it definitely has some of the richness of a dark roast coffee.

I enjoy this brew more often as coffee, but I do like it in the morning as an Americano - which is what I had this morning. As Americano, it has little bitterness, so those who like to add sweetener to their brew will find that you use less sweetener to get the desired taste.

One other thing I noticed about this blend, is that it has an extremely smooth finish, with virtually no aftertaste to it. This is one blend that you can serve to those you know who, "don't like that fancy coffee," without them having any reason to complain. If brewed right, it will compare nicely with their favorite brew - it will just be a lot richer and fuller in flavor.

I haven't had Seattle's Best Blend in a while and I had forgotten how well I liked using it as a standard house coffee. Espresso or cappuccino made from it come out almost as rich and full as those made with dark roast beans. The ground coffee has a definite reddish-brown color that I usually associate with coffee that has a slight "bite" or sharpness to it - so the color is deceiving - you don't get what you normally expect. Instead you get a smooth tasting brew that is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...