Gevalia Mocca Java

Mocca Java by Gevalia





Visit the Gevalia Shop

This coffee is a special blend consisting of “Moka” Harar beans from Ethiopia and aged Sumatra beans. The blending of the two makes for a very unique coffee. Like a lot of people out there, I assumed that the title Mocca Java meant that it was a flavored coffee, containing a chocolate flavoring. I was wrong.

I brewed this up as an Americano. The aroma of the brewed beans produced a nice aroma that didn’t make my house smell like the local coffee shop. Because of this, I wondered whether the coffee would be lacking in flavor. I just had to taste it and see what the folks at Gevalia had provided in this roast.

The first taste of this coffee has a hint of a chocolate flavor to it, perhaps this is due to the Moka beans. All I know is that this is what I tasted. It is a very pleasant surprise, indeed.

The coffee hits the back of the tongue with a pleasant bitterness. When tasted without any sweetener, it is very bright and gets your attention. I added a small amount of sweetener and was pleased with the light chocolate flavor I found.

The mouth feel of this coffee is pleasant, and it lingers on the tongue just briefly – just long enough for you to appreciate its flavor. This seems to be very typical of Gevalia’s coffees. I found myself looking forward to the next sip of this blend – it is that good.

I think this coffee is really great for people like myself, who find that the moca that they pick up at their local Starbucks or Seattle’s Best shop is just a little too rich with chocolate flavor. This blend gives you a natural chocolate flavor that comes from the beans themselves.

This has to be one of the best offerings I have ever tasted from Gevalia. The flavor was so good that I have got to order some more.

Thanks for reading, and as always, may your next cup be the best!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still not able to taste this Gevalia coffee flavor. I will try it this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...