Review - Caribou Coffee Mahogany

Mahogany by Caribou Coffee


This roast is a medium dark roast. I tasted this coffee as an Americano. The coffee I purchased was already ground, so I can’t tell you anything about the coffee beans themselves. I can state that when I re-ground it to get it to espresso grind, the coffee stuck together quite well – this indicates a lot of good, quality oils being present in it.

There's a definite earthiness with this blend and the flavor has a pronounced bitterness that has a little bit of a bite to it.
The flavor lingers in your mouth for several seconds - it has a very smooth mouth feel. Due to the earthiness of the coffee, the finish of the coffee comes off a little bit dry.


Since this is my first Caribou Coffee, I didn't quite know what to expect. I will state that I'm pleasantly surprised by the excellence of this coffee. The folks at Caribou Coffee really know what they're doing.

Without sweetener, this coffee has a very pleasant taste and aroma. It is very comforting and relaxing. Despite this being classified as a medium dark roast coffee the flavor comes off more like a true dark roast.

Upon adding adding sweetener to it, I found that the flavor of the coffee became very desert like - almost like drinking a chocolate bar. As I am not a trained coffee taster this is the best way I can describe it.

I'm scale of 9 to 10, I would rate this between 9.1 and 9.2 - it is definitely a coffee that will please almost anyone.

This is a brew that will please almost anyone, even very picky coffee drinkers. If your guests are very picky, add a little sweetener and let them drink it as a dessert coffee.

I hope you found this review beneficial and as always be your next cup be your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...