Review - Thermos CSS1010 Stainless Steel Tumbler

CSS1010 Stainless Steel Tumbler by Thermos








Thermos CSS1010T6 Stainless Steel/Black 16 Ounce Stainless Steel Travel Tumbler
Thermos Travel Tumbler












This mug is made by Thermos. The mug is stainless steel with a black handgrip and a sliding cover on the top. It holds 16 ounces of liquid and it uses Thermos' TherMax vacuum insulation technology.

The cover seals relatively well although there is a slight amount of leakage when you tip the mug or shake it vigorously. My only complaint about the seal is that it tends to keep you from getting very much liquid out at a time. There is a side benefit in this in the fact that if you have very hot coffee in it you will not burn yourself by getting a large swallow of the hot liquid.

I have used this mug for the last three days and have been very pleased with the results of it holding temperature and quality of construction.

I had it outside on a windy day with it about half full of coffee and it did not blow over. This surprised me as most stainless mugs are usually very top-heavy.

For my temperature tests I used some coffee that I had French Pressed. The starting temperature of the coffee that was poured into the mug stabilized at 171°F - this is rather surprising since it is an all stainless cup. I assumed that I would lose more than the 20° I lost when I poured it in. If you preheat this cup with hot water before putting coffee into it you probably will not have this problem.

The results of my temperature tests are in the chart below.









This tumbler keeps coffee warm enough to keep it drinkable for over 4 hours - definitiely a winner in my book!

Overall I think this is a very good product and I would personally endorse it as being a good purchase.

Click here to purchase your own Thermos Stainless Steel Travel Tumbler.


I hope this review has helped you in your search for a great mug for your dark roast coffee.

Have a great day and may your next cup be your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...