Village Inn Dark Roast Coffee


Village Inn Dark Roast Coffee - Is It Any Good?



It seems that everyone is trying to find a competitive advantage to stay alive in our slow economy. Restaurants are no exception to this new trend. Everyone wants for you to get their latest offering. Village Inn has done this in the areas of pie, and most recently, coffee. Since a large number of Americans drink coffee with their meal (or their pie), it only makes sense to have some excellent Joe on the menu.

When you look at Village Inn's menu, you notice they have Premium Roast Coffee and Dark Roast Coffee. I have tasted their Premium Roast and it is good, but being the dark roast coffee lover I am, I had to try their Dark Roast Coffee out.

When I first tasted the coffee, I noticed a hint of apple, with a light bitterness that hit the back of my tongue.


I drank two cups of this brew and the one thing I noticed was that it had a very smooth finish that doesn't linger very long on the tongue. This is a really great characteristic for coffee in a restaurant. It will have to work well with almost any dish, from pie, to salad, to steak, without overpowering the taste of the food. This coffee is excellent in this regard.

I tried this coffee with half and half and without. Unlike a lot of coffee served in restaurants, this coffee is not so strong or bitter that you must use creamer to "tame it down." Without creamer it is excellent.

When creamer is added this coffee holds its own - the cream doesn't overpower it - just enhances it. I was at Village Inn with my son and I thought to myself that I don't dare tell my son - he will be begging for some of this coffee instead of his hot chocolate.

Village Inn's Dark Roast Coffee is a real winner in my book. I will have more of this the next time I go there to have some pie...


Feel free to comment, I enjoy the feedback. And, as always, may your next cup be your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...